Kantorei seeks a part-time Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies, help create community partnerships, maximize ticket sales, and oversee the box office/front of house for Kantorei.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated, and creative individual with at least two years of proven arts marketing experience. Reporting to the Managing Artistic Director, this position is responsible for building and diversifying Kantorei’s audience and patron base, as well as creating narrative and telling the story of Kantorei through the website; mobile and social media content; video content; print, email, direct mail, and web marketing; and press partners. This position also serves as the organization’s primary communications point person at all Kantorei concerts and events.
- Create, execute, and track multi-channel, season-long marketing plan to promote Kantorei as a whole, as well as individual marketing campaigns for multiple programs and events with unique and diverse target markets
- Identify group sales opportunities
- Network with local businesses and partner organizations to increase cross-promotional activities
- Work with the Community Engagement Committee to identify and market to community partners for concerts and special events
- Manage traditional media channels including print, radio, direct mail, email, and digital advertising campaigns
- Fluently manage social media marketing channels (FB, Insta, Twitter etc)
- Identify new marketing channels, interactive experiences, and activities to increase audience
- Identify audience segments and manage all email/communications lists in Constant Contact and Arts People (POS and database management software.)
- Collaborate as-needed with a contracted graphic designer to create content and assets and place advertisements across all channels
- Drive storytelling and content creation to tell Kantorei’s story and engage audiences before, during, and after the concert performances
Box Office Responsibilities:
- Help recruit, organize, and oversee volunteer box office, front of house/usher staff at Kantorei events (occasional nights and weekends)
- Become familiar and fluent with Arts People (POS and database management software.)
- Serve as primary communications point person at Kantorei concerts and events
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Previous marketing or communications experience, preferably in performing arts
- Demonstrated ability to engage and activate multiple constituencies, and navigate among multiple priorities, in a proactive and collegial manner
- Ability to write persuasively for multiple audiences, across different media
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and budgets
- Knowledge of the changing media landscape—particularly in the online space—and how to adapt to reach new and existing audiences
- Intuitive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Appreciation for how nonprofit organizations raise revenue through earned and contributed means
- Knowledge of and appreciation for music and choral music in particular
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager is an exempt, part-time position averaging 15 hrs. per week for 44 weeks (August – May) with a flexible work schedule that requires some evenings/weekends. ROP is $30 per hour.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and any marketing portfolio materials available to firstname.lastname@example.org.