San Francisco Girls Chorus is seeking a dynamic Finance and Administration Manager who is interested in having a direct impact on all aspects of our community. Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary responsibilities include day-to-day office management, accounts receivable and payable, and general human resources procedures.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties: business flow, mail, scheduling, general email and phone inquiries.
- Manage and maintain the in-person office working space.
- Ensure organization of all paper and digital records.
- Prepare meeting agendas, schedule conference calls, capture meeting takeaways and action items as assigned by the ED or AD.
- Oversee employee’s remote work environments to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Serve as liaison with IT consultant for all employee and office IT needs.
- Manage accounts receivable, including student registrations, and handle weekly and monthly deposits, ensuring all deposit transactions are entered correctly and timely in the general ledger (QBO).
- Follow-up on past due collection efforts for all 30/60/90+ day A/R balances and provide monthly reports to ED.
- Manage accounts payable, ensuring bills and contract payments are approved and scheduled on time.
- Assist in financial aid process – compiling documents for committee review, preparing and tracking award letters, and setting up recipient payment plans, as needed.
- Respond in a timely fashion to inquiries from customers and colleagues regarding tuition account balances.
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of Development and Finance records.
- Work with the Bookkeeper and ED to manage the organization’s finances and accounting procedures including closing books monthly.
- Assist in annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the ED, Development Director, and Bookkeeper.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems for finance and accounting documents.
- Assist with annual financial audit.
- Maintain and keep updated all employee records.
- Maintain and keep updated vendor records.
- Manage employee benefits (enrollment, benefit changes, communication with the carriers).
- Issue employment letters as directed by the ED.
- Ensure all new employees receive the SFGC onboarding materials and complete all required training
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Stay up-to-date on all organization activities
The position and duties may change, and other duties may be assigned, as needed.
Finance and Administration Manager
The position is a full-time, nonexempt position, with a starting salary of $60,000. Compensation package includes employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance, and optional 403(b) retirement plan.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff are working part-time remote. The Finance and Administrative Manager will be required to work two days a week in person at the Kanbar Performing Arts Center office, with an additional day to be added in Fall 2022.
Email cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Adriana Marcial at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The San Francisco Girls Chorus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.